We are very excited to know that so many yogis will be coming to Genoa, wandering around and exploring our beautiful city and region, spreading their Sahaja vibrations everywhere.
Some years ago, when Shri Mataji had just bought Her house in Genoa, we humbly asked why she had chosen this city. She was silent for some time, before saying: “Because of the sea …”
We felt this is certainly not the only reason, but for sure the presence of the sea purifies the vibrations of the city and enhances its beauty.
There are many beautiful places to visit near the sea
All these places can be reached by car or by train and, if the weather is nice, even by boat!
The city of Genoa offers something for everyone.
Discover the history of Genoa as you explore the labyrinth of alleyways in the Historic Centre and Port, one of the best examples in Europe of an fully-preserved medieval port town. Get a taste of the city's rich past by visiting some of its noble, old buildings such as
- St. George’s Palace,
- The Rolli Palaces (Unesco World Heritage Site),
- The Via Garibaldi “Strada Nuova” Palazzi
- the Lighthouse
For people who have cultural and artistic interests, Genoa offers a range of quality Museums.
Families with children will certainly find something to entertain the kids in the Old Port Area, for example:
- the Aquarium,
- Città dei Bambini (Children’s Town)
- Antartide Museum (Antartic Museum)
- The Maritime Museum
- Tour of a fully restored pirate ship, etc.
- Tourism in Genova - all you need to know to get around Genova
- Tourism in Liguria - the official site of the Liguria Region
- Cinque Terre - a national park and protected marine area of exceptional beauty
- Genova Guide - guided tours in and around Genova with personalised itineraries
- Top 10 sights in Genova
- The Old Port - a highly recommended tourist attraction for visitors travelling with children
- Parks of Nervi - scenic landscapes, walks with always new perspectives, a backgound of deep blue sea
- Natural Park of Portofino